There are literally dozens of aliens from Star Wars, and there are so many that I find interesting that it’s hard to choose just five as favorites. But I forced myself, and this is the list I came up with:
- Kaminoans. Their moral values notwithstanding, I just love these tall, willowy aliens from Attack of the Clones. I love the way they seem to float as they walk, their slow manner of speaking, and those loooong necks, lol. But it’s their eyes that really capture me. Big, dark, almond-shaped, and it looks as if there are galaxies spinning in them. Elegant and ethereal. They are from the planet Kamino.
- Twi’leks. The first Twi’lek I ever saw was Jabba’s slave girl in Return of the Jedi. I got the impression they were beings known for their loveliness, at least the females, and that’s often true. Hera is certainly lovely, and plenty of others are, too. But Xi’an from The Mandalorian? Not so much. It’s the Twi’lek’s diversity that I love–their skin can be many different colors: green, blue, red, tan, and many others in between. Their lekku can have different patterns, and they often decorate them with bindings. And again, I just think they just look cool. They’re from the planet Ryloth.
- Togrutas. Togrutas are another species that have lekku, as well as montrals on the top of their heads. They sweep around them like a crown or a headpiece, which adds to their impressive mien; and they have white markings on their face, which I believe are as different as each individual. Ahsoka and Shak-Ti are the Togrutas I’m most familiar with. Togrutas are from the planet Shili.
- Nautolans. I seem to have a thing for lekku and tentacles, lol, as Nautolans have several long tentacles sprouting from their heads. I also love their green skin and large, black eyes. Kit Fisto is the main Nautolan I’m familiar with, and I have to admit I like the look of Clone Wars Kit more so than the movie version. We also get to know him better in Clone Wars, and I loved him in the book The Cestus Deception. There is also a Nautolan in the new novel Light of the Jedi, a Captain Bright. I learned from him that their tentacles can sense emotions and moods from other beings. Nautolans are at home in the water, and come from the waterworld of Glee Anselm.
- Whatever Klaud is. Klaud is basically a big space slug, which normally would turn me off, but there’s something about him that just charms me. Maybe it’s those big, googly eyes, or the girlish shriek he lets out when the Falcon is under attack in The Rise of Skywalker. I learned in the novelization that Klaud has a keen mind and a talent for the mechanical (despite being armless), which is why Leia assigned him to the Falcon. I looked up his species, and according to Wookiepedia, he is a male Trodatome. No information on his home planet, however.
What are your favorite Star Wars aliens? Let me know in the comments and we’ll talk about it!
Like this post? Hit the Like button, comment below, or Follow Star Wars: My Point of View.
Like to read Star Wars? Check out my sister blog The Star Wars Reader. I regularly review Star Wars books, both Canon and Legends.