I’ve been reading Shadow of the Sith by Adam Christopher, and it’s about Luke and Lando trying to help Rey and her parents escape Ochi of Bestoon. It’s put me in a sequel sort of mood, and I’ve been thinking about what I’d like to see in a sequel to the Sequels. It could be a movie, a TV show, a book, I don’t care; I just want to know what happens with Rey, Finn, Poe, etc. after The Rise of Skywalker! Here are some of the things I’d like to see or questions to be answered:
- Rey training Finn/A new Jedi Order. In The Rise of Skywalker we learned that Finn is Force-sensitive. It only makes sense that Rey trains him, even though she didn’t have too much training herself. They’re going to have to figure it out themselves. I’m curious to see how strong Finn is in the Force–Jedi-level, or just Force-sensitive? At any rate, I’d love to see Rey seek out Force-sensitives and continue the Jedi tradition.
- How will the galaxy be governed? What happens after the defeat of the First/Final Order? Who will lead? Or will the galaxy’s planets and peoples rule themselves? It’s clear both Republic and Empire models have failed, so something new may be required.
- I want a Poe romance. The question is, with who? Zorii has made it clear she’s not interested anymore. There are fans who ship him with Finn, and I’m not against it, but honestly I’d like to see him with Rey. In the original Colin Treverow script for the third movie in the sequel trilogy, Poe and Rey begin a romance, and I kind of like the idea. But I don’t know, Rey seems like a loner in that regard. I think it’s best if maybe the three just remain good friends. Maybe it could be someone completely new. Just give that man a love interest!
- Please, for the love of God, give me some more Ben Solo! Clearly, he would have to be a Force ghost, and I’d love it if Ben appeared to Rey, either to help her with her Jedi Order training, to give advice, to keep her company, I don’t care. The dyad is a rare, powerful bond, and I can’t imagine even death would break it. Right?? I have doubts Adam Driver would be interested in reprising the role, so it would need to be in a book (please, no comics–I need a novel, lol).
- Naturally, there needs to be a new antagonist. I’m not sure what form that antagonist should take. The Sith are done, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t any dark Force users out there. Or it could just be a new bully trying to run things. I’m just curious as to what the writers would come up with.
So yes, yes, I know the powers-that-be said the Skywalker saga is done. And Rey has named herself a Skywalker, but I don’t care. I want more. I love all the new stuff Star Wars is putting out, but I still need something familiar, too. And I don’t care, to hell with the haters, I love these characters, and I need to know what happens to them. I would be very happy with a book or a series of books. A trilogy of books! Maybe someday. A girl can dream.