Phase 2 of the High Republic will be upon us soon, and as a fan who loves the HR, I thought I’d list the upcoming books. I could only find a description for the adult novel, Convergence.
Phase 2, Wave 1:
- Path of Deceit (YA), by Tessa Gratton and Justina Ireland, Oct. 4th, 2022.
- Convergence (Adult), by Zoraida Cordova, Nov. 15th, 2022. Here’s the Amazon description:
- It is an age of exploration. Jedi travel the galaxy, expanding their understanding of the Force and all the worlds and beings connected by it. Meanwhile, the Republic, led by its two chancellors, works to unite worlds in an ever-growing community among near and distant stars.
On the close orbiting planets of Eiram and E’ronoh, the growing pains of a galaxy with limited resources but unlimited ambition are felt keenly. Their hatred for each other has fueled half a decade of escalating conflict and now threatens to consume surrounding systems. The last hope for peace emerges when heirs from the two planets’ royal families plan to marry.
Before lasting peace can be established, an assassination attempt targeting the couple tilts Eiram and E’ronoh back into all-out war. To save both worlds, Jedi Knight Gella Nattai volunteers to uncover the culprit, while Chancellor Kyong appoints her son, Axel Greylark, to represent the Republic’s interests in the investigation.
But Axel’s deep distrust of the Jedi sparks against Gella’s faith in the Force. She’s never met such a puffed-up, privileged party boy, and he’s never met a more self-serious, relentless do-gooder. The more they work to untangle the shadowy web of the investigation, the more complicated the conspiracy appears to be. With accusations flying and potential enemies in every shadow, the pair will have to work together to have any hope of bringing the truth to light and saving both worlds.
- Quest for the Hidden City (Middle Grade), by George Mann, Feb. 14th, 2023
- The Battle of Jedha (Audiobook), by George Mann, Feb. 14th, 2023
Phase 2, Wave 2 (No covers available yet):
- Cataclysm (Adult), by Lydia Kang, April 4th, 2023
- Quest for Planet X (Middle Grade), by Tessa Gratton, April 4th, 2023
- Path of Vengeance (YA), by Cavan Scott, May 2nd 2023
I plan to read all of these books, the adult and YA as they come out, and eventually get to the middle-grade books (I usually get these on deal on my Kindle at a later date). I may even read the script of the audiodrama The Battle of Jedha, although I didn’t for the Phase 1 audiodrama, Tempest Runner. Tempest Runner is about the Nihil Lourna Dee, and I wasn’t that invested in her particular story outside the novels. But Jedha? Yes, please! Ever since Rogue One and the YA book Guardians of the Whills (with Chirrut Imwe and Baze Malbus), I’ve had a fascination for Jedha and the holy city.
I can’t wait for this next Phase of the High Republic!
Have you read the High Republic books? Looking forward to this Phase? Let me know in the comments and we’ll talk about it!